Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Home Improvement Project - New Garage Door!

WOW, it was a lot of hard work, but I'm glad it is done! I bet everyone is sitting on the edges of their seats wondering where the instructions for this project are. Oh...... did you think I installed it? Anyone who knows me knows that I don't have the skills to tackle something like that. Don't expect a tutorial for this home improvement project;) My husband installed it and he did a great job!




I know this isn't the type of post that causes a lot of excitement, but here is a picture of my new garage door. My husband backed the trailer hitch into, and knocked a small (cat sized) hole, in the old door. He said he was going to tell the neighbors that I did it, but I got the word out before he could - LOL. Every time our son saw the hole he pointed at it and said, "naughty Daddy!" Also some sort of small animal, that I suspect is a cat, had been coming and going as it pleased through the hole leaving small chunks of fur on the edges of the hole. I told my husband that either it needed to be fixed or replaced before our garage became the home to every stray animal in the area. The door was old anyway and needed to be replaced. My husband spent all last weekend (and I mean all) replacing our old garage door with this shiny new one that we bought at HD for the bargain price of $125.00! It is so nice to have the new one. I am so thankful that my husband put in the time and had the patience to deal with this home improvement project. Installing a garage door is harder than it looks. He deserves a nice restful Thanksgiving holiday. Hopefully he will get enough rest for more home improvement projects to come;)


On a side note: that "lovely" purple trim will be painted white to match the door in the Spring. The former owners chose the color. We knew right away all the purple trim had to go, but it has taken us over 4 years to start on this project. Hopefully we will have all traces of it erased by next summer.

1 comment:

garage doors said...

I like home improvement and garage doors designs thanks for the great information.