Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Home Improvement Project - Tray



I love all the special touches that bring a little glitz and sparkle to a room, but I am a bargain hunter and like to buy stuff on sale. Often that means your options are a little limited because by the time the good stuff goes on sale or clearance, a lot of the good stuff is gone:( A recent discovery of mine..... ok, ok, I am a little behind a lot of people.... is spray paint! Did you know you can paint almost any old junk and make it look a whole lot better? Well most of the time. Recently I noticed trays for coffee tables painted in pretty metallic paint colors in some of the stores. Imagine my luck when I came across a plain wooden tray at a local thrift store for $2.00. I grabbed it up knowing that if you see something you like you better grab it quickly or someone else might. Anyway I took it home with me and hid it in the garage so my husband wouldn't see more old junk that I carted home and had "amazing ideas" for. Well I forgot to take a before picture of it, but here is the after. I primed it, painted it with Krylon Metallic spray paint in the color Satin Nickel and used a clear topcoat. I think it turned out rather nice. It looks really cute on the coffee table I begged my husband to turn the car around for because it was sitting near a sign that said FREE STUFF! What bargain hunter can resist a sign like that? I have "amazing Ideas" for that coffee table too by the way;)

No comments: